Philip A. Connelly Program
Winners & Runner-Up
The Philip A. Connelly Program is the personification of food service excellence executed by culinary specialists resulting in the presentation of extremely gratifying dining experiences across all Army food service platforms in garrison and field environments.
- Improve the professionalism of food service personnel, thus providing the best quality food service to supported diners.
- Provide recognition for excellence in the preparation and serving of food in Army dining facilities and field kitchen operations.
- Provide incentives to competitive programs of ASC and ASCCs by adding a higher level of competition and recognition.
- Award individuals for stellar management practices
- Promote and improve Army food service by providing competition, incentives, professional training and media coverage.
- Provide measurable results directly impacting Readiness and Go-To-War Skills.
- Train Culinary Professionals to provide nutritional meals.
The Philip A. Connelly Program is aligned with the National Restaurant Association (NRA) and the Department of the Army (DA), Deputy Chief of Staff, G4. The Joint Culinary Center of Excellence (JCCoE), Special Programs Directorate (SPD) administers the program. The NRA participates in the evaluation of finalists, the presentation of awards and offer culinary training opportunities as recognition that supports the program's objectives.
Philip A. Connelly Background
Mr. Philip A Connelly was born in Framingham, Massachusetts in June 1907, Philip A. Connelly became a leader in his chosen profession - Food Service Management. He worked diligently and earnestly throughout his life to promote professionalism in food service, in both the civilian industry and military services. As a result of his dedicated purpose and positive influence, civilian and military food service programs are more closely aligned and personnel in these programs now have uniform goals in education training, career development and job opportunities.
National Restaurant Association
The National Restaurant Association is the largest foodservice trade association in the world*—supporting nearly 500,000 restaurant businesses. In partnership with state restaurant associations, NRA works every day to empower all restaurant owners and operators to achieve more than they thought possible.
The NRA promotes entrepreneurship and hospitality. The association serves as an advocate for pro-restaurant regulation and operational freedom. The NRA is governed by a volunteer board of directors and is headquartered in Washington, D.C., by a president and chief executive officer. The NRA also works closely with a network of 52 state restaurant associations to create a truly national structure.
Points of Contact
- (804) 734-4860
- (804) 734-3039
This page was last updated on: November 20, 2023